Thank you for your interest in the Academic Coordinator Position at Pacific Learning Academy. This job application is NOW CLOSED. If you would like to be considered as an instructor at the Academy please visit our jobs page!
Job Title: Academic Coordinator
Reports To: CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt, Salary
Schedule: Full Time, 40 hrs per week.
Are you looking to make a positive difference in the lives of students? Are you passionate about helping students who struggle in the traditional classroom find more creative, productive and effective ways of learning? Are you a great people manager and motivator? Can you manage the details of a fast-paced academic office without losing sight of the big picture? If this sounds like you, then join our team at Pacific Learning Academy, an accredited private school and tutoring service offering in-home academic support in the Issaquah and Sammamish area.
We are looking for an Academic Coordinator with strong organizational skills and a team-oriented approach to work in partnership with our instructor community, students and their families to ensure a seamless and positive Academy experience.
Manage daily operations of Pacific Learning Academy
- Coordinate the scheduling of classes and sessions with both instructors and students.
- Monitor and respond to incoming email and phone inquiries from new / prospective clients, current families and Academy instructors.
- Ensure all notes and updates are entered into computer information systems in a timely manner.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of Academy services, policies and procedures.
- Provide clarity and support as the primary resource to answer questions and assist in interpreting and applying them.
- Maintain high level of privacy and confidentiality.
Support instructors so they excel and shine.
- Proactively connect instructors with materials and resources that help with instructional planning and aid in the reduction of preparation time.
- Share and recommend professional development activities with the instructor community.
- Provide ongoing program oversight to ensure pacing and content are meeting expectations.
- Assist with the recruitment and hiring of new instructors.
- Coordinate and assist with presenting new instructor orientation and training.
Manage the student recruitment process, including enrollment and program progress, while striving to maintain 100% satisfaction rate amongst clients/families.
- Respond to information requests via email, phone or in person in a timely, efficient manner.
- Conduct in-home interviews (meetings with families) to present the Academy‘s services and offerings to prospective parents and students. Identify whether the Academy will be a fit for them, recommend potential services, and gain commitment to move forward.
- Manage the re-enrollment of current students for the succeeding session (summer or semester).
- Assist in the development, maintenance and execution of Academy‘s communication plan to prospective, current and former client families.
- Monitor student academic progress; provide editing, policy and program oversight of instructor reports as needed.
- Effective communication skills including oral and written.
- Work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. We love grammarians!
- Maintain professionalism in appearance, speech and conduct at all times.
- Ability to work effectively while under pressure.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage competing priorities, moving from task to task without becoming distracted.
- Effective interpersonal and relationship-building skills with families, professionals, instructors and students of all abilities.
- Proficient in MS Office products (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Familiarity using technical platforms such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Slack, ACT (or similar database experience).
- Dependable and punctual.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes some evening and weekend work.
- Must have reliable transportation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree and/or teaching certificate preferred.
- Previous experience teaching or tutoring in public, private or 1-on-1 setting.
- Management/supervisory experience in an educational setting preferred.
The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and use fingers, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and depth perception. Occasionally the employee will lift up to 25 lbs. such as to lift files and paper.
HOURS & WORK REQUIREMENTS
This position is full time, 40 hours/week. Business hours are posted as Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. However, actual working hours will include Friday mornings, some evenings and possibly some hours on the weekend for parent meetings and projects as needed. Work location will be the Academy administrative office located in the Pine Lake Professional Center in Sammamish, WA. Some telecommuting may be possible after the initial training period. This position requires travel to parent homes for initial interviews, as well as some travel to local libraries or homes to support instructor development. Travel is on the Eastside.
Position is salaried with paid leave (holidays and accrued paid leave). Medical/Dental Health benefit and some telecommuting (working from home) after initial onboarding.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
If you can accomplish the goals above and fit the requirements of this position, we look forward to your application!