If you would like to be considered as an instructor at the Academy please visit our jobs page and choose the Instructor Positions link!
Job Title: Academic Coordinator
Reports To: Head of School
FLSA Status: Non-exempt/Hourly
Schedule: Full-time flexible (35-40 hours/week)
Salary: DOE (~47-52k/yr)
Start Date: Immediate
Application Review: Until Filled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Would you like to make a positive difference in the lives of students who struggle in traditional classrooms? Are you passionate about helping families find more creative, productive, and effective paths to learning for their students? Pacific Learning Academy is looking for a great people manager and motivator who can attend to the details of a fast-paced academic office without losing sight of the big picture. The ideal candidate will have a high attention to details, impeccable writing skills, and enjoy working with computers as much as building relationships with parents.
If this sounds like you, then join our expanding team at Pacific Learning Academy, an accredited 1-on-1 private school and academic tutoring service offering in-home and virtual academics in Issaquah, Sammamish, and beyond.
Academic Coordinators work directly with parents on a daily basis to determine best-fit instructors, weekly scheduling, and academic programs. It’s a position with a high-level of written communication, computer work, and customer service support. The Academic Coordinator position is a great fit for a candidate with strong organizational skills and a team-oriented approach. This position will work in partnership with the other academic coordinators, our instructor community, and parents to ensure a seamless and positive experience for our students.
Pacific Learning Academy is open year-round with heavier seasonal workloads from May through June and mid-August through October. This position involves computer work (email, data entry, written case studies), collaboration with Academy co-coordinators, and meeting with parents in person, via Zoom, and speaking by phone.
- Paid leave (holidays and accrued paid leave)
- Medical/Vision/Dental Health benefit
- Remote workdays and a flexible work schedule
- Work laptop and supplies
Drive “Start to Finish” Customer Service for Academy Families
- Monitor and respond to incoming email and phone inquiries from new / prospective parents, current parents, and Academy instructors in a timely and efficient manner.
- Conduct in-home, in-person or virtual (Zoom) family meetings to understand a family’s needs, identify whether the Academy will be a fit for them, present the Academy’s services and offerings, recommend potential services, and gain commitment to move forward.
- Ensure all information and updates are entered into the Academy customer management system in a timely manner.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of Academy services, policies, and procedures and effectively interpret, apply, and communicate those to Academy parents.
- Monitor student academic progress, providing program oversight as needed.
- Along with other academic coordinators, coordinate the scheduling of classes and sessions with both instructors and families.
- Manage the re-enrollment of current students for the next academic season by communicating with and following up with parents.
- Maintain high level of privacy and confidentiality.
Support instructors so they excel and shine
- Proactively connect instructors with materials and resources that help with instructional planning and aid in the reduction of preparation time.
- Share and recommend professional development activities with the Academy instructor community.
- Provide ongoing program oversight to ensure that the pacing and content of credit classes and tutoring sessions are meeting expectations.
- Read, edit and approve instructors’ lesson reports.
- Deliver materials (such as textbooks) to instructors when necessary.
- May assist with the recruitment, hiring, and onboarding of new instructors.
- May coordinate and assist with presenting new instructor orientation and training.
- Impeccable, typo-free, and effective communication skills including oral and written.
- Work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. We love grammarians!
- Maintain professionalism in appearance, speech and conduct at all times.
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing priorities.
- Effective interpersonal and relationship-building skills with families, professionals, instructors, and students of all abilities.
- Proficient in MS Office products (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Comfort or familiarity using technical platforms such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Slack, ACT (or similar database experience).
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes some evening and occasional weekend work (such as quarterly staff trainings or attending to an urgent client or instructor issue).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A teaching certificate is preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience teaching or tutoring preferred. Candidates with homeschooling, alternative education or equivalent experience encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge/awareness of local public and private school systems preferred.
HOURS & WORK REQUIREMENTS
This position’s hours are variable, typically between 35 and 40 hours per week, with “all hands” required in June, August, and September. Business hours are posted as Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. However, actual working hours can be flexible. Working hours will include partial Fridays, some evenings and occasional hours on the weekend for parent meetings and projects as needed.
The typical work locations for this position are a combination of at home (typically 1-2 days per week) and the Pacific Learning Academy administrative office (typically 3 days per week) located in the Pine Lake Professional Center in Sammamish, WA. Although much of our work can be conducted remotely, candidates must be local to the Sammamish or Issaquah area (or within a short commute) for ease of client home and office meetings. Stable, high-speed internet is required.
Because this position require travel to homes (Sammamish/Issaquah) for parent meetings, plus some travel to local libraries or homes to support instructor development (delivering a textbook, for example), reliable transportation is a must. In addition, there are requirements for availability at the Academy administrative office.
Note re COVID-19: The health of our staff, instructors and students is paramount. We follow Washington State Department of Health and OSPI guidance. As the mask mandates lift, we support our employees who continue to mask and require all employees who work on site to be fully vaccinated.
The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and use fingers, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and depth perception. Occasionally the employee will lift up to 25 lbs. such as to lift files and paper.
ABOUT THE ACADEMY
Pacific Learning Academy is a one-on-one school offering single accredited courses and dual enrollment, as well as full-time middle and high school. Pacific Learning Academy is Washington State Approved via the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) and an Accredited private School via Cognia / AdvancED/ Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC). High School coursework is approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). We also offer academic support (tutoring and enrichment) in all subjects from 6th to 12th grade, including test prep. Instruction is held either online or in-person in student homes, the Pacific Learning Academy school office, and at local libraries across the Eastside (Issaquah, Sammamish, etc…). See more at www.PacificLearningAcademy.com
Application review is ongoing.