Position: Front Desk Office Administrator (Sammamish)
Part time: ~30-35 hours/week
Benefits: Medical/Dental, paid holidays, accrued paid time off
Start date: Immediate
Date announced: November 3, 2019
Front desk office administrator
Our Sammamish private school is seeking a full-time (30-35 hours/week) front desk office administrator who will love being a part of a dynamic organization that helps students and families achieve their academic dreams. This position requires an on-site presence Monday through Thursday, 10am to 5pm, with the remainder of your hours spent either in the office or at home, working remotely (Friday mornings and some early mornings during the week).
As the first point of contact for families looking for help, candidates will find that a gentle and friendly telephone voice is crucial. Applicants will have comfort/understanding with technologies that make our jobs easier, such as a CRM, Google docs, and Office products. We are a typo-free school zone and prefer someone with impeccable business writing skills who is comfortable editing teacher reports on a daily basis.
Pay is DOE (typically between 17-20/hr). Benefits include medical/dental, holiday pay, accrued vacation, and the flexibility that comes with working for a local educational group that believes in doing an amazing job with our students while believing strongly in a healthy work/life balance.
What’s in it for you to work at Pacific Learning Academy?
– Growing 15-year-old, single-owner, LOCAL educational company with an excellent reputation for quality and caring staff.
– Opportunity to be at the center of it all, supporting in-office and offsite employees
– Exceptional satisfaction rate from past and current clients
– Known for being a very community-minded company that strongly supports local non-profits
– Office is centrally located in Sammamish, in the Pine Lake area
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – detail oriented with the ability to proofread
- Kind, patient, generous with your attention to both clients and instructors/staff
- Comfort and understanding with MS Office and Google Docs
- A “need-seer” who isn’t afraid to find what needs to be done
- Experience with data entry and/or a CRM (ACT a plus!)
- 4-year degree preferred
- Experience in an educational setting preferred
What Would You Be Doing? A sampling:
- Welcoming visitors & staff to our Sammamish office
- Responding to new client phone calls and emails; pre-screening for initial meetings
- Setting up records for new students and reporting class hours to the Executive Director
- Creating, sending and tracking the weekly newsletter for instructors
- Managing the online phone and messaging system
- Tracking and proofreading class summaries
- Planning leadership team outings so we can all get out and have some fun together!
- Creating content for social media and cards for students and staff
- Updating and maintaining teacher schedules
If you can accomplish the goals above and fit the requirements of this position, please apply now. We look forward to working with you!
About Pacific Learning Academy
Pacific Learning Academy is a one-on-one school offering single courses and dual enrollment, as well as full-time middle and high school. Pacific Learning Academy is Washington State Approved via the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI — see listings HERE) and a nationally Accredited private school via AdvancED/Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC). High School coursework is approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). We also offer tutoring in all subjects from 6th to 12th grade, including test prep, either in-home or local libraries across the Eastside (Issaquah, Sammamish, etc…). See more at www.PacificLearningAcademy.com.