**On-site proctoring has been suspended due to COVID-19 concerns. In-Home Self-Proctoring options are now available!**
The Academy will resume the proctored diagnostic as soon as feasible (and safe). For now, the home self-proctoring option is open to all students and may be taken at any time. The complimentary report and follow-up phone call are the same. See below for instructors to order.
Find out which test is right for your child in ONE sitting!
- Historically, 70% of students have done better on either the SAT or ACT.
- The new SAT has moved to become more similar to the ACT, but there are still many differences
- In just one test families will know which is best for their child.
- Includes a 9-page analysis of strengths and weaknesses in each subject as well as a follow-up phone call to discuss how to best utilize your report.
- Save time and money by using your results to target only the skill areas your child needs for the test that best matches their abilities.
Offered in the Convenience of Your Home (Self-proctor option)
SAT/ACT Diagnostic Comparison tests mimic the testing situations students will find on the real tests. With a combination of SAT and ACT-type questions, this 4-hour experience will make clear which test best showcases a student’s strengths. The results allow families to pinpoint study areas, save time and money in the prep process, and start off with a realistic base line to know if your prep is actually making a difference!
Cost: $100 for non-Academy students (self-proctor at home) or $75 for Academy families.
Location: Your home (for self-proctor)
Register Below to Reserve Your Space!
Did you know?
- Every 4-year college in the USA accepts either the SAT or the ACT. That has been true since 2007, when the ACT included a writing section. If you’re curious, you can check out the average scores of the students that attend each college (at their websites). This will give you and your student an idea of goal score of a prospective applicant.
- The College Board updated the SAT in 2016 to a test that is more similar to the ACT. They then partnered with www.KhanAcademy.org to offer free supplemental materials and practice sections online.
- Students who take the current Pacific Learning Academy SAT/ACT diagnostic comparison test should know that we are prepared! Our Diagnostic has been fully updated and continues to reflect the changes and updates in both the ACT and SAT.
Save Time by Registering Below!
This form will take you to PayPal for final payment. Please read our cancellation policy before registering! Please choose from one of the “Current Client” choices in the drop down below if your child is currently working (or has worked) with a Pacific Learning Academy tutor.
Cancellation Policy: There are no refunds for a purchased SAT/ACT diagnostic comparison exam, but the home-proctor option does allow you to choose the date that works best for your family and your student. We don’t currently have an expiration date on the home-proctored diagnostic, but it’s a test that we update often and we always prefer our students take the latest version. If it has been more than two months since you purchased your diagnostic but have not yet taken it, please check with the office to see if a new version is available and to talk about extending the time before submitting your answer key.
For self-proctor options, you may take the test on the day and time of your choosing. However, to best mimic the SAT and ACT testing conditions, we recommend you choose an 8am start time!
Note on Accommodations: For in-office proctoring, the Academy is unable to proctor the diagnostic with accommodations such as having a reader or extra time. However, for home self-proctoring, you and your student should mimic the accommodations most likely given by the ACT or SAT (or even use different accommodations on the SAT vs the ACT sections).